Student Complaint Guide

The purpose of this guide is to assist online students in handling complaints or concerns. It is recommended that you first contact the specific person or department most directly connected with the issue at hand.

You also have the option of getting advice from the Office of the Senior Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, (409) 880-8400, where a student advocate can suggest strategies for helping you solve whatever problem or issue you have.
A gray image with a white word bubble reading "Can we talk?"

Conflict Resolution

Arguments, disagreements, and misunderstandings are unavoidable, and the skills used to resolve such conflicts are not always innate. Conflict resolution is a way for two or more parties to find a peaceful solution that satisfies everyone involved.

These tips can help make the process easier for everyone.

  1. Raise the issue early
  2. Manage your emotions
  3. Try to understand the opposition
  4. Find solutions that works for both sides
  5. Use a mediator if necessary

Conflict resolution is an important skill that can benefit individuals and groups in many different contexts. By learning how to effectively navigate difficult situations, individuals can improve their emotional intelligence, strengthen their communication skills, and develop a greater sense of empathy and understanding.


Make sure you contact the right service for whatever issue you are having

Academic Advising
and Class Availability

When dealing with advising issues, we always recommend contacting your advisor first.

Find Your Advisor

Academic Probation
and Suspension

When involving online students, these sorts of issues are handled through the online advising office.

(409) 880-8872

Transcripts, Credits,
Degree Classification and Graduation

General concerns of this nature should be addressed to the Registrar's Office.

(409) 880-7358

Tuition, fees
and Other Charges

Student billing is handled by the
University Bursar's office

(409) 880-8390

Disabilities and

Students with a disability diagnosis can reach out to the Disability Resource Center

(409) 880-8347

Scholarships, Financial Aid,
and School-Sponsored Loans

The Office of Financial Aid handles most of these issues, for both online and in-person students.

(409) 880-8450