What is a Grant?

Grants are considered need-based aid. You typically do not repay them unless, you withdraw or stop attending classes.

To apply, fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are a House Bill 1403-Senate Bill 1528 eligible student you may be able to get state funding. Apply for State Grants using the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). 

State funds are limited and are not guaranteed. It's best to apply as early as you can to be considered for grant funding. We encourage you to apply early every year and to immediately complete any requests for additional information so your awards can be finalized no later than March 31st – the priority deadline.

Grant awards depend on how many hours you are enrolled in. If your hours change, your award may change. We don't "stack" state grants, this is because we want to award funding to as many eligible students as possible.  This means you will not be awarded multiple grants at the same time (the Federal Pell Grant and TEACH Grant are excluded from this policy).