Lamar University’s strategic planning process is now complete. A committee was formed last summer consisting of sixty members inclusive of faculty from a variety of departments and colleges across campus, staff, students, alumni, and other stakeholders. We met as a collective group four times with our final meeting early in the spring semester. Each member of the committee was assigned to one or more task forces. These task forces met numerous times throughout the process and identified opportunities and advanced recommendations to the overall committee. The committee was charged with the development of a comprehensive plan including a new mission statement, which is to serve as the road map for the university for the next 3-5 years.
Areas of focus for the strategic planning committee task forces included:
- Education Programs (e.g., curriculum development, instructional innovation, quality enhancement)
- External Relations (e.g., fund raising, government and system relations, accrediting bodies)
- Internal Operations (e.g., facilities, technology)
- Mission & Values
- People (e.g., faculty, staff, students)
- Scholarship & Creative Activity (e.g., research and creative activity support, recognition enhancement)
Throughout this process, the strategic planning committee solicited feedback from multiple focus groups comprised of LU faculty, staff, students, and external stakeholders. Other data collection processes such as surveys also were used.
Please take a few moments to review the new plan. The mission statement was approved by The Texas State University System Board of Regents in May, 2015.
View Strategic Plan
We look forward to working with you as we implement the plan.
Kenneth R. Evans