( Revised Jan. 4, 2006 )
Lamar University is a comprehensive public institution educating a diverse student body, preparing students for leadership and lifelong learning in a multicultural world, and enhancing the future of Southeast Texas, the state, the nation, and the world through teaching, research and creative activity, and service.
Lamar University Core ValuesTo provide a learning environment of the highest quality and integrity, Lamar University values:
- Our STUDENTS, including their curricular and extracurricular activities;
- Our FACULTY and STAFF, high quality employees who are committed to educating and serving our students;
- Our commitment to DIVERSITY in ideas, people, and access;
- Our collegial ENVIRONMENT with contemporary, functional, and pleasing facilities, a safe campus, and responsible fiscal management;
- Our bonds with SOUTHEAST TEXAS, the STATE, the NATION, and the WORLD, including our alumni and friends, through economic and educational development, research and creative activity, service and outreach.