Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I make a maintenance request?
A: You can either go to the front office or send an e-mail to

Q: How do I change my meal plan?

A: You must first wait until the first day of school to change your meal plan. You will then go to Gentry Hall and fill out a form to change your meal plan to the desired plan and then return the form back to Gentry Hall. You will have only 12 class days to change your meal plan from the first day of school in each Fall and Spring semesters.

Q: How can I be exempt from the meal plan requirement?
A: You can only be exempt from having a meal plan if you are a senior with 90 plus hours currently, or if you have any food allergies that prohibits you from eating in the Dining Hall.

Q: I am supposed to receive a care package from my family. How do I get it?
A: If a family has purchased a care package for you to receive through On Campus Marketing (OCM) and the Residence Hall Association, you will need to go to Gentry Hall to pick it up when you receive the email informing you to do so.

Q: I am a senior graduating in December, but I have charges on my account for the upcoming Spring semester for housing. What should I do?
A: Graduating seniors can send an email to stating that you are graduating in December and will need the charges for Spring semester housing removed in order to complete the graduation process.

Q: When are overnight guests allowed?
A: Overnight guests are allowed Friday through Sunday at 5 pm. You must fill out the appropriate form to register your guest and return to the appropriate hall at least 48 hours before your guest's arrival. Overnight guests must be the same gender as the resident. Guests must be accompanied at all times while in the residence hall.

Q: My little brother/sister is trying to visit me, but he/she is under 18 years old. What should I do?
A: Persons under the age of 18 are prohibited in university housing and the surrounding grounds without being accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. Even if you (the resident) are above 18 years of age, you are still not the sibling's parent or legal guardian.

Q: My friend is trying to visit me, but she/he is under 18 years old. What should I do?
A: Residence Life policy states that no one under the age of 18 can be in university housing without a parent or legal guardian present, nor can the friend be allowed as an overnight guest.

Q: Do we need to pay to use the laundry facilities within the residence halls?
A: All laundry facilities within each residence hall are free service. No cards or money are needed to work the washers and dryers. Just simply place items to be washed or dried into the appropriate machine and follow the instructions on operating the machine.

Q: How much is it for a lock out?
A: $5 during regular operating hours and $25 after regular operating hours.

Q: I forgot my residence hall access card. What happens?
A: You will need to be verified as a resident by our office staff. Usually, this will be a $5 charge during regular operating hours and $25 after regular operating hours.

Q: Are there quiet hours?
A: Yes. Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am every day. We also have courtesy hours that are 24 hours a day.

Q: Where can I locate all of the rules and regulations?
A: The Residence Life Handbook under "Policies and Forms" on this website as well as in the housing contract that each resident signs electronically as part of the housing application.