Internship with an International Organization

A bona fide F-1 student who has been offered employment by a recognized international organization within the meaning of the International Organization Immunities Act (59 Stat. 669) must apply for employment authorization to the Service Center having jurisdiction over his or her place of residence. A student seeking employment authorization under this provision is required

  • To present a written certification from the international organization that the proposed employment is within the scope of the organization’s sponsorship,
  • Form I-20 certifying eligibility for employment,
  • A completed Form I-765 with required fee as contained in §103.7(b)(1) of this title.