Petition for Honors Credit

Each semester, courses are offered for which the professor has formulated an approved Honors component. These courses are listed in the Honors Guidebook. Students interested in taking an approved course for Honors credit sign up for the regular class and turn in a Petition for Honors Credit form to the Professor.

After the start of classes, the Professor sends a list of Honors students in his/her class to the Honors College Dean. At the end of the term, the Professor sends the Honors Dean the same list of Honors students, indicating which students have successfully completed the Honors component and the Honors Dean will enter the designation "Honors Credit" on the student’s transcript for the appropriate students and courses. To receive Honors Credit, the student must make at least a “B” in the class and satisfactorily complete the designated Honors component.