Out of State Students

Additional information is available. 

For the students considering an academic program that leads to professional license in your state, such as Clinical Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling, Principal Certificate or Superintendent Certificate, it is a requirement to consult with appropriate licensing agency in your home state. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the appropriate licensing board in their home state before beginning these academic programs. The student should confirm with the licensing agency whether the programs at Lamar University meet with requirements for licensure in their state.

*Students will not be able to take the Texas exam for out-of-state licensure nor will they be able to obtain licensure in Texas to reciprocate with an other state.

A list of professional licensure contact information is available. Please note that this list does not reflect the changes in rules for many states. Candidates are required to check with their state board of education for the most updated certification information.