LU student, owner of local bookstore hosts book sale for community

When Sierra Kondos heard that Book Heaven, Lumberton staple bookstore, was up for auction, she saw an opportunity to help the community. "I wanted to have this sell because of the pandemic and I wanted everyone to have access to affordable books for themselves or gifts to get them through this time. Kondos bid on the store just four days ago, won the entire establishment and with it an entire inventory of books that she plans to resale to the community. The book sale will run from December 18-31 with prices ranging anywhere from $.05 per paperback to 5.00, cash only. She plans on making an online bookstore for any leftover inventory after the sale, "I graduate in May so I wanted to build a business and see what else I can accomplish.  But the booksale is for the community."

To view Sierra's full story, visit fox4beaumont.com

The opinions and statements found on the Lamar University blog belong solely to the articles' authors and contributors and do not necessarily represent the those of Lamar University. Lamar University does not endorse products (unless otherwise stated) and encourages students to use critical thinking and good judgment while navigating online.