Connecting with Cardinals: Rida Ashrafi

Plans after LU:
After graduation, I hope to go to physical therapy school at Texas Women’s University in Houston or St. Augustine in Austin. After graduating from physical therapy school, I hope to one day open a private practice.

Why LU:
Whenever I went to new student orientation, about 3 ½ years ago, I fell in love with the campus. Walking around and meeting all the amazing people that Lamar University was when I realized Lamar University was my new home.

Campus involvement:
It all started when I joined Alpha Delta Pi. It opened so many other opportunities for me to join other organizations and take on other leadership roles on campus.

LU’s impact:
So many ways…the university has given me lifelong friends and opportunities for my future that I would not have without LU.  When I graduate, I’ll be proud to say Lamar University was once my home.

The opinions and statements found on the Lamar University blog belong solely to the articles' authors and contributors and do not necessarily represent the those of Lamar University. Lamar University does not endorse products (unless otherwise stated) and encourages students to use critical thinking and good judgment while navigating online.