What is LU Success?
LU Success is a free service provided to Lamar University students who want to strengthen strategies and techniques to learn and plan most effectively and succeed in college. Through collaborative, personalized consultations with peer Success Partners, students are supported in developing and implementing new approaches and strategies that help them reach their learning potential.
Peer Success Partners will...
Peer Success Partners connect with students through individual appointments to help them develop skills for college success. They are dedicated students who aspire to help their fellow Lamar University peers realize and achieve their goals. They will...
- Introduce students to active learning strategies
- Share techniques to help students develop systems to plan and organize their time most effectively
- Help students identify short-term and long-term goals
- Support students in exploring their academic behaviors and how they are related to their outcomes
- Guide students in creating individualized study plans based on how they learn best
- Provide on-going support for students in their efforts to implement their plans and become self-regulated learners
Make an appointment with Success:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Communications Building, Room 109
Success Partners and students collaborate to decide the frequency and length of their appointments for the semester, varying from 30 minutes to an hour for weekly, bi-weekly or monthly appointments.
Success Partners say...
"My favorite moment working with any student is when they find success in themselves, when they finally have a "light bulb moment" and find a new way to do something that works."
-Baylie, Senior Success Partner
"LU Success is about the journey. My favorite part in my journey was when I realized I can do this."