Apply for Housing
We’re so excited that you'll be attending Lamar University in Texas and look forward to meeting you! The Department of Residence Life has much to offer its residents, and we hope that you'll be a part of our growing community. To begin your application process, simply follow these easy steps:
1. Send an email to Housing@Lamar.edu.
Include the following information:
- Semester/Year you are applying
- Student ID
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
2. Make your down payment of $150.
This can be done in one of two ways:
- In person at the Cashiers Office, located in the Wimberly Student Services Building, or
- Pay online with the Lamar University Student Account Suite. Login with your student identification number and your 6-digit PIN, then click eDeposits.
The website will take you from there. This step must be completed before a username/password can be issued to complete your housing registration. This down payment will then be applied to the first semester of the housing contract. Please note that any student who makes the down payment, but does not move in to university housing, will forfeit the amount, as it is non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE: MIRABEAU SCHOLARS AND ATHLETES WITH FULL HOUSING SCHOLARSHIPS WILL NOT NEED TO PAY THE $150.
3. Receive your Residence Life username and password.
Once your down payment has been processed, within approximately 48 hours, you will then be assigned a username/password that you will use to log-in and complete your housing application.
4. Begin your online application.
After you receive your username and password, you will log on to our application portal and begin the application process. Be sure to read the Housing Contract.
5. Submit your Parent/Guardian Housing contract approval form.
Please complete this form only if you are a parent or guardian of a Lamar University or Lamar Institute of Technology student who is 1.) under the age of 18 and 2.) applying for space in university housing on the Lamar University campus.
You can submit this form to us by:
- Fax to: 409-880-8522
- Scan and email to: Housing@Lamar.edu
- Mail to: PO Box 10040, Beaumont TX 77710
6. Select your room.
During open registration, you'll have an opportunity to select your own room. You will also be able to view potential roommates and their profiles to see if they would be a good match. If you have someone in mind that you would like to room with, both individuals will need to log on and select the same room.
After selecting a room, you will have the option of contacting your new roommate. This feature will be on your confirmation page that lists the room and the two roommates.
7. Move in!
Moving in to your new home at Lamar University just south of Houston is a very exciting time. Be sure to check out our What to Bring and What Not to Bring page.
- Returning Student Move-In: TBA
- New/Incoming Move-In: TBA
Please note that we do not provide dollies during move-in.