We’re so excited that you are considering Lamar University and look forward to meeting you. Cardinal Village has so much to offer its residents, and we hope that you will be a part of our growing Community! To begin your application process, simply follow these easy steps:
1. Send an E-mail to Housing@Lamar.edu.
Include the following information:
- Semester/Year you are applying
- Student ID
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
2. Make your down payment of $150.
This can be done in one of two ways:
- In person at the Cashiers’ Office located in the Wimberly Building or…
- Pay online at www.lamar.edu. Click “myLamar” → Click “Student Bill Payment” → Log-in with Student ID and 6-digit Birthday → Click “eDeposits”.
The website will take you from there. This step must be completed before a username/password can be issued to complete your housing registration. This down payment will then be applied to the first semester of the lease agreement.
Please note that any student who makes the down payment, but does not move in to Cardinal Village, will forfeit the amount, as it is non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE: MIRABEAU SCHOLARS AND ATHLETES WITH FULL HOUSING SCHOLARSHIPS WILL NOT NEED TO PAY THE $150.00.
3. Receive your Cardinal Village username and password
Once your down payment has been made, within approximately 48 hours, you will then be assigned a username/password that you will use to log-in and complete your housing application.
4. Begin your online application
After you receive your username and password, you will log on to our application portal and begin the application process. Be sure to read the lease agreement.
5. Select your room
When the portal opens on the dates below, you will have an opportunity to select your own room. You will also be able to view potential roommates and their profiles to see if they would be a good match. If you have someone in mind that you would like to room with, both individuals will need to log on and select the same room.
- Room Selection for New Incoming Freshmen will open 6-9-14
- Room Selection for Returning General Population will open 6-23-14
After selecting a room, you will have the option of contacting your new roommate. This feature will be on your confirmation page that lists the room and the two roommates.
6. Move in!
Moving in to your new home is a very exciting time. Be sure to check out our What to Bring and What Not to Bring page.
- Returning Student Move-In: TBA
- New/Incoming Move-In: TBA
Please note that we do not provide dollies during move-in.