myLamar Gateway - Password FAQs
- What is LEA?
- What is Password Self Service?
- What do I have to do to use Password Self Service?
- How do I register for Password Self Service?
- After registration, can I change my questions?
- How long should my password be?
- Are there any characters or symbols I cannot use in my password?
- How often will I need to change my password?
- Will I receive an email reminder before my password expires?
- Is my password transmitted securely?
- Can I reset my password anytime off campus?
- What if I want to register for Password Self Service but I don't remember my username and/or password?
LEA is your Lamar Electronic Account, your credentials consisting of your unique username and password allowing you to access Lamar University email and computers.
Password Self Service allows you to reset your LEA password. Password Self Service also allows you to unlock your LEA account if you have forgotten your password.
To use Password Self Service, simply visit https://passwordreset.lamar.edu and register yourself with your existing LEA account username and password. New students can use the temporary username and password that was sent to your personal email when you completed registration.
Step 1: Signing in
a. Go to https://passwordreset.lamar.edu.
b. Enter your LEA username and password.
Step 2: User Registration
a. Select four security questions from the drop-down boxes listed, enter your answers and click Enroll when completed.
Yes, you may change your questions any time after signing in to https://passwordreset.lamar.edu and selecting the questions tab. If you have an issue, please contact the Service Desk at 409.880.2222 between 8:00am - 5:00pm for assistance to reset the questions.
The minimum length of your password is 10 characters and the maximum is 28 characters. To test the strength on the Change Password Tab, there is a strength meter to assist you with creating a strong password.
No, you are permitted to use various characters and symbols.
Every 90 days you are required to change your password. However, you are also able to change it as often as you would like.
Yes, you will receive a system generated email everyday for two weeks prior to your password expiring.
Yes. This also applies to unlocking your account and resetting your password.
Yes, it is transmitted over secure links.
Yes, Password Self Service can be accessed 24/7 on and off campus.
What if I want to register for Password Self Service, but I don't remember my username and/or password?
Students, faculty, and staff, needing assistance, please call 409.880.2222 between the hours of 7:30am - 7:30pm, Monday - Friday and your identification will be authenticated.