LU presents first TSUS Staff Excellence Award
Donna Blaisdell, executive assistant to the director of the Mary and John Gray Library, earned honors Tuesday as Lamar University’s first recipient of The Texas State University System Staff Excellence Award.
Blaisdell is a resident of Lumberton and a 28-year veteran of the Lamar staff.
Five other LU employees earned Distinguished Staff Awards at Lamar’s annual staff recognition program.
The awards were presented April 16 during a reception and program hosted by the Staff
Advisory Council in the University Reception Center of the Mary and John Gray Library. The program also featured the presentation of 110 service awards and recognition of 16 retirees. Distinguished Staff Award recipients are Kathleen Hawsey of Bridge City, Rachel Juneau of Nederland, Shannon Klutts of Port Neches, Ashley Spicer-Runnels of Beaumont and Marsha Williams of Beaumont.
* Hawsey is an administrative associate in the Department of Student Engagement.
* Juneau is an executive assistant in Strategic Enrollment Management.
* Klutts is coordinator of the master of business administration program and graduate certificate office in the College of Business.
* Spicer is director of Student Development and Leadership.
* Williams is laboratory coordinator for the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and hazardous waste manager for the Department of Environmental Risk Management.
The TSUS Staff Excellence Awards were established to recognize and reward support-staff employees of the system for outstanding contributions to the TSUS mission and that of its component institutions.
Criteria for selecting Distinguished Staff Award recipients include:
Performance and initiative – The employee must consistently produce quality work and exhibit a high level of commitment to the department and the university as a whole. This personal investment is demonstrated through individual resourcefulness, as well as collaboration, cooperation and teamwork. Often, the employee makes personal sacrifice or goes above and beyond what is required for a particular job.
Positive attitude and relationships – The employee must have a positive and dedicated attitude that enhances morale and be consistently respectful, compassionate and dignified. He or she unfailingly demonstrates a spirit of fairness in a culturally diverse environment.