Career Services for Employers
Lamar University’s Center for Career & Professional Development works to connect our students with the changing professional needs of our clients. We strive to connect employers with services such as on-campus recruiting, job postings and much more.
Any and all employers and contacts wishing to use Lamar University's Career & Professional Development's services, including but not limited to the following, must be registered and have an approved, active profile/account with our online service HireACardinal.org:
- Job Postings for all jobs and internships
- Job Fair attendance
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Resume Referral Requests
- Presentation Requests
- On-Campus Interviewing
- How to register for Career Fairs and Events
- Log on to your HireACardinal.org account
- Click on 'Career Events/Recruitment Packages' and 'Search' on the drop down menu
- On the 'Event Search' page enter the name of the event
- Click on the category or enter the event date of the event you wish to register for
- If you use the 'Category' function click on the category of the event you wish to register for.
- Example: If you wish you register for a career fair click on 'Career Event'.
- Click 'Search' once you have selected your query.
- To register for a Career Fair/Event you may click on the 'Register' hyperlink next to the event you wish to register for
- You may also click the name of the event and click on the 'Register Now' button.
- Please complete all registration fields. Select your attendance fee (Corporate/For Profit, Non Profit/Government, Recruitment Package) and any optional additional fields.
- Click 'Continue'
- Enter your profile information for the 'Positions Available, Majors, Degrees Sought, Job Categories, Position Types and Citizenship' fields
- Click 'Continue'
- You will see a confirmation message on your screen to notify that your registration was successful.
- How to post a position on HireACardinal.org
- Log on to your HireACardinal.org account.
- Click on ʻMy Jobsʼ and ʻNew Jobʼ on the drop down menu.
- On the ʻNew Jobsʼ page enter the job title and any additional information.
- Please note that items with and asterisk (*) are required fields.
- Once you have completed all fields click ʻSaveʼ to submit your position.