Passport through Lamar
What is Passport?
Passport is an opportunity to gain valuable skills that will help you grow into a professional by attending professional development seminars and events.
How does the program work?
If you are a student receiving class credit here's how:
- Simply sign in and "swipe out" (using your Cardinal One Card) of each event.
- Turning in a Passport Request or Qualifying Form. These forms are only required for Community Event activities.
- Attend one required event per course.
- Or by turning in a Online Workshop form for events that you are unable to attend. Please note that students may only submit 3 Online Workshop request forms per semester.
- Professors are notified of your participation on the last class day.
Additional Information Regarding Online Workshops
Students are allowed 3 request forms for online seminars per semester for traditional course offerings.
Students who do not attend the event for a course will be required to present a valid reason as to why they were unable to attend the event. Valid reasons include work, class, group meetings, etc. In some cases students may be required to provide proof.
Students must complete an Online Workshop Request form to obtain the password to access the quiz.
What do I get out of this?
Upon completion of the program, students may ask for a certificate of Professional Development.