Multicultural Student Advisory Council
The mission of the Multicultural Student Advisory Council, an advisory council to the Division of Student Engagement, is to cultivate and promote a culturally inclusive campus environment through collaborative partnerships with individual students and registered student organizations.
Goals of the Multicultural Student Advisory Council
- Prepare students for participation and leadership in a multicultural and global society.
- Identify multicultural programming needs and services.
- Promote and support diversity-related programming sponsored by student organizations.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of programs sponsored by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Serve as a forum for students to voice concerns related to cultural inclusion.
Composition of the Council
Membership on the LU Multicultural Student Advisory Council shall be composed of:
- One representative from the registered diversity-related mutual interest student organizations and diversity-related student councils.
- A student representative from Lamar Alive! appointed by the Associate Director of Student Activities, Setzer Student Center.
- The student director from the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- A representative from the Student Government Association, appointed by the SGA President.
2015 - 2016 Council Representatives
- African Student Association
- Association of Chinese Students and Scholars
- Bangladesh Student Association
- Black Student Association
- Education Initiative Association
- Feminists of Lamar
- Hispanic Student Association
- International Student Council
- Lamar Alive Student Activities Board
- Lamar Allies
- Lamar Filipino Student Association
- Lamar Indian Dance Association
- Lamar Veterans Association
- Man Up
- Muslim Student Association
- Nepalese Student Association
- SGA Representative
- Signing Cardinals
- Student Director, Office of Diversity & Inclusion
- Vietnamese Student Association
- Woman to Woman